Geotechnical Project Manager – All Locations
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. is currently seeking to fill several Geotechnical Project Manager positions for various offices. Qualified candidates will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, outstanding computer skills, a proven record of successful project management and proposal writing, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work as part of a team. 80% of the time will be spent in the office or with clients. 20% will be fieldwork.
- BSCE or MSCE from an accredited program and P.E. in Florida preferred
- 5+ years of experience working as a Professional Engineer
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, and MVR
- Interaction with clients and engineers pertaining to various challenges during the design and construction phase of the project
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Drafting and reviewing engineering reports in accordance with company procedures
- Capable of performing geotechnical analysis based on data from soil borings and CPT Soundings
- At a minimum, capable of performing engineering analysis and providing recommendations for shallow foundation systems discussing soil bearing pressures, detailed settlement analysis (including time-rate analysis), and lateral earth pressures; and deep foundation systems discussing compression, tension, and lateral capacities, down drag and group effects, and settlement for driven piles, drilled shafts, and ACIP piles
- Familiar with LRFD and FDOT design requirements pertaining to geotechnical engineering and investigations
- Ensure timely preparation and delivery of all reports
- Provide guidance and ability to mentor junior level engineers
- Familiar with Shaft, LPile, Apile, and Settle 3D
Southern Earth Sciences, Inc. offers competitive total compensation which includes a rich benefit plan: health insurance, dental, vision, disability/life, paid time off, bonuses, and 401K. Our employees enjoy a casual atmosphere and dress code, open door policy, and camaraderie between co-workers in a company where the employees are treated as the greatest asset.